Saturday, April 23, 2005

Crazy piles of prints

So I went to bed about 9 this morning, well yesterday morning now, and got called at 11:30 for the press check for the cover at 12:45. So much for sleep. When I got there they had already finished printing out all the pages for the book, it really brought it home exactly how massive the job I'm having them print is. There were five or six stacks of 2'x 3' printouts about 4 feet tall each.. I'm kind of fudging the exact numbers here, because it was kind of overwhelming. I wish I had remembered to bring my camera, I meant to. Oh well.

Anyway, I approved the cover after we played with the color a little, it was coming out more brown than maroon at first. So we got that all sorted out. A bunch of the people working on other jobs in the shop came over to ask about the comic and tell me what a great job I'm doing. Always a nice feeling.

I also got to take home a sheet from each of the page groupings, so I have uncut sheets of everything but the inside covers. Movin' right along! I thought about assembling an actual book from this, but then if I wait a couple days I've have more of them than I'll know what to do with, So I passed. Besides, there is always the possibility that someone would be interested in buying an item like this..You know.. When we are famous - er.


One whole uncut book, rolled

I need to find a place that sells bulk envelops to send all this stuff out. Once I finish the current page I'll have to get serious about finding a place that does that.

another thing I need to get going on is some signage for our convention tables. That's coming up in a couple weeks. I want to use the guy who did the giant "Cats in Hats" job last year.


happy customers

If I don't hurry up he won't be able to get it done in time. And that would be a shame because they do a good job there and they can print on a variety of materials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home