Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Page 92 - the nib wear

When I bought my Intuos 3 tablet last Christmas, it came with a couple new kinds of nibs for the pen. Previously the nibs came in white and were relatively hard, which meant that they would slide on the tablet surface in a way that made it hard to draw slow lines. The way to get around this was to place a piece of paper over the surface of the tablet and that would give you pretty much the same drawing resistance as you would get drawing on an actual piece of paper. One of the new nibs is the felt tip nib, which ups the nib resistance on the tablet giving much the same effect as using a piece of paper without having to actually use a piece of paper.


Nib wear after page 92

I really like these new nibs, however, as you can see in the picture above they don't last long. That nib was new when I started page 92! Unfortunately, the tablet only came with one felt nib which I had rendered useless within a week. When I went to the Wacom store to order more they were out of stock. ( apparently I wasn't the only one who was excited about the new nibs )They finally got them back in stock at the beginning of this month so I ordered up about 35 of them. It's about $5 for a 5 pack.

It would probably be more economical to just use the paper, but I think that it kind of messes up the eraser on the pen when you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home