Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Might as well

Well it's been a while since I posted in the blog - there were a lot of reasons for this - The biggest being the disaster that printing the books turned out to be with Chapter 2. Most people know the story by now - but the nutshell version is that the printers did a good job, but the binders screwed up the binding and it had to be redone. That meant that they had to crop the book down slightly and hand replace 6 or 7 pages and the covers. This was on all 5000 books. Then they weren't careful and screwed up a lot of them, then we got screwed out of the discount we were supposed to get for screwed up books, THEN to top it all off now that the books were smaller when I actually sent them out in the envelopes that I used to mail out Chapter 1 the books would shift in the package, and the covers would get snagged on an internal seam. I had to send out a lot of replacement books... Anyway... I couldn't bring myself to write about it until I knew everything was okay. After that the plan was to integrate the blog into the new website design, which hasn't happened yet. Since November of 2006 I've been doing quite a lot of Contract work. It pays really well, and sometimes it's even fun, but it doesn't leave a lot of time for Alpha Shade... I still try to get a couple pages out a month, but it's been hard lately.

So, I've been thinking of restarting up the Blog, it's something I can do somewhat regularly even if I am fairly busy. Maybe I can even post some snippits of things I'm working on from time to time ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home