Sunday, February 05, 2006

Convention Season! I'm huntin' Baggage

Alpha Shade's first convention of the year is fast approaching And I've been busy getting things ready. I redesigned the Display for 06'. Last years was a pain to transport so for this year I bought pop up banner displays and made the tabletop in two pieces that I'll just hinge together. It will all fit in a "bat bag" ( for baseball bats ) that comes in below the 62 linear inch restriction that all the airlines have for Check-in baggage. I should be getting the printed pieces back tomorrow.






One of the challenges of going to any convention is getting your stuff there. Because we don't have a truckload of merchandise to take I've opted to pack it all up in suitcases. We did this last season as well and for the most part it went great, but there were some busted suitcases, rifling through the books by luggage inspectors, awkward bags that were hard to transport etc. There isn't too much I can do about the inspectors, but I forked out for a couple baggage dollies and I bought some more small wheeled guys. That coupled with the consolidation of the Display elements should make it much easier to handle all the stuff I need to bring to the cons. My hope is to make it so that two people can handle it by themselves. Last year I needed three. Since I may not be able to have three people at every convention I'm going to this year (10 to 12!) it would be nice if the new two person plan works!

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What made you pick those particular scenes?

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Joseph Brudlos said...

It's a good overview of aspects of the comic. I may add in other scenes for other conventions. I bought 10 banner stands, but I'm only using 3 initially.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw you guys on saturday at ACen! I absolutely love the first book and I can't wait to read more. I just wanted to comment that the banners were what drew me in. The flyers are very intriguing and all of the butt-kicking going on in the middle banner is just outstanding. Good work guys, keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home