Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fun Fun Code Time

Well this week has been full of irritating coding problems. I've been trying to code up a mp3 player for the alpha Rant CDs using the new Flash components. Unfortunately that mean having to learn how to link up xml in Flash the new way, learning all the new annoying things they have done with Actionscript 2 and a whole slew of annoying and needlessly complicated programming tasks.

After getting everything talking to eveything else I realized that when the playhead of the MediaPlayback component reached the end of the track it just stopped. It didn't go to the next track.. "That's odd" I thought. And after two days of searching for the new way to program it to go to the next track, ( the old way only half worked, interestingly enough it would go to the next item in the list, but nothing would happen?!?!) I gave up, and had my programming friends look at it, only to discover, though much digging, that there really isn't a way to do it, they didn't include any way to handle that information in their component. :P

So tonight the Forum was hacked.. yay, more idiotic programming problems. So I'm working on restoring THAT... Oh well I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

I remember the old days, when all I had to do was draw little pictures of bikes and trains and ducks for courseware. It was great, at the end of the day I could go home and leave it all behind. Cook super for the wife, watch a movie, maybe go out with the friends.. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The forum thing truly sucks. People have no sense of ethics.

 
At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, don't despair too much. I appreciate the drawings you do for Alpha Shade as do other fans. Unfortunately this kind of BS happens when you get popular.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, if possible, please make sure the directory structure is mp3-player friendly. Although I appreciate the work you and Chris put into the animations, I really want to listen to the Alpha Rants in the car mp3 player and on my iPod.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home