Saturday, September 03, 2005

What the?

The power in my house keeps browning out and crashing my computer while I'm working. I noticed that the power went out yesterday while I was sleeping too.. my clocks were all binking.

Ugg. oh well I've had enough experience with Crashing computers that I automatically hit crtl-s every couple minutes. Still sometimes I get caught not saving for 10-15 minutes if I really get into the details of a drawing. I've only lost a couple minutes of work tonight, but still you have to restart everything and get resituated.

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get a surge protector with a batterey back up.

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

APC sells excellent quality Uninterrubtible Power Supplies (UPS's). One can find them in most electronics stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

Thus, when the power browns out, the UPS regulates the voltage/amperage to continue to keep your PC up till the power normalizes. If you get a full-on blackout, you'll usually have 3-5 minutes to save and shut down once it starts beeping at you and all the lights go out around you.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be the Not Nice Computer Week..Dan had his work cut out for him with all the junk than infected mine. It could always be worse Joe!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Ian T. said...

We've had brown outs repeatedly, and every time I walk up to the power box (on a pole in a neighbouring street) and there's a dead animal or bird underneath that electrocuted itself on the wiring. The power company seems remarkably disinterested in doing anything about to solve the problem!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my computer plugged into the cigar lighter on my Golf Cart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home