Saturday, July 02, 2005

Cat Grapes

My cat Boris likes to lick the condensation off of things, Cans, water bottles, windows etc. but I'm getting ahead of myself ... I had a bunch of grapes that didn't have a lot of flavor, they were getting kind of old, so I thought I better eat them anyway, especally since I got tricked into buying them because they were in special packaging..I washed them off and put them in a bowl and was about to eat them when I remembered a health food cooking show I used to watch on occasion back in the 80's. IT was an asian woman who would always do things like freeze bannas and grapes or fry them up wioth eggplants or something. So I said, huh.. you know a light freezing for 20 minutes or so might make these worth eating. So I put them in the freezer, and promptly forgot about them. So tonight They are hard as rocks. I wasn't so keen on eating them anyway, because according to Alton Brown freeing things like fruit creates large crysatals that can puncture cell walls, basically turning the fruit into mush ( this can be avoided by flash freezing, but that's another show ) after a few minutes they started thawing a bit and I started eating them.. Freezing hadn't improved much of anything. Boris on the other had, went NUTS over them. And that is a really long explanation for the two pictures below.


Frozen grapes are a great Lowfat Cat treat!


Condensation delight!

10 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gross!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Joseph,

I was surfing and came across your blog by accident. I'm intrigued! You seem like a very interesting person and I am MORTALLY jealous. I wish I could draw as you do!

Anyway, I never liked frozen grapes much. Funny how animals love cold stuff, though! My dogs adore ice cubes.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Boris! I'll bet he likes Joe Chili too...

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frozen grapes eh? il have to try that with my cats!

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should put that in the voting comic, lol.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Metahari said...

Ok, that's tremendously adorable.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey a vet tech here, so long as your cat just licks the ice off its perfectly fine, if you cat starts eating the grapes in large amounts it can cause kidney failure. just a heads up!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Joseph Brudlos said...

No he doesn't eat them, but he really likes mellon ( like little bits of watermellon ) and raw potato bits.. are there any problems with those? O_o

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potato bits and raw veggies dont digest. Its fine so long as your kitty doesn't have any issue with contipation. >.> If kitty stops going to the sand box you'll know its not passing through and thusly is an emergency. Not trying to scare you but I've seen too many kitties with minor things like grass causing an obstruction.

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat went into kidney failure after eating a very small amount of grape seed oil. I didn't realize that grapes were toxic to cats. Be warned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home