Sunday, May 08, 2005

Back to the Grind

Now that the books have all been sent out it's time to get back to the grindstone and crank out some pages. It really is time to update the website as well though. It's starting to feel kind of pieced together, which isn't my intention. What I'd like to do it get it more unified, change the navigation etc. I finally got around to buying the new Version of Macromedia Studio 2004, so I have a lot more freedom to design the site..

S
peaking of Macromedia I was shocked to hear that Adobe is trying to acquire Macromedia! I have no idea what that means for my favorite program - Flash. I'm slightly concerned because I really hate the Illustrator version of vector illustration, Flash kicks it's ass. I know there are a lot of designers out there who don't use Flash like I do however and they have been clamoring for Macromedia to change it's drawing tools to be more like Illustrators for years. Very Scrary! On the other hand, I am NOT impressed with the changes Macromedia made to the drawing tools in the latest version of Flash. It also seems to be a huge memory hog, I have 2 gigs of Memory in my computer and Flash 2004 still runs slow when the illustrations start to get complicated. So we'll see. It could either be a really good thing or a really bad thing. I guess the only way to know is to wait and see.

3 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So adobe are trying to butt-nugget flash? gah, why dont they just leave a good thing alone?

"if it aint broke - dont fix it"

BTW - good to hear those international orders have been shipped, il be waiting in front of the letter box for days now . . =)

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig: I would like to see a lot of innovation in Flash. Compare MX and MX 04 and tell me how many (useful) differences there are that make MX 04 better. And no, large memory requirements dont count.

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

? The Flash side of the site doesn't seem 'peiced' together. And the navigation works great. On the whole it works quite well, I think any 'improvement' will be minimal in overall effect for the amount of effort involved.

Obviously some updates to it are needed. But I would dare say it does not need the massive er revisions you seem to be contemplating.

Or it may be that I just want you producing the comic rather than a webpage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home