Friday, May 06, 2005

Domestic Orders Shipped

Well I just finished shipping off all of the US orders this morning. I started to do them yesterday afternoon using the self serve kiosk but it broke. So I took the remainder of the box I was doing ( about 15 packages, stood in line and had the postal guy do them for me, after 20 minutes and feeling like the rest of the customers were going to kill me for taking so long I decided to come back this morning when no one would be there and the self serve kiosk would be fixed.

I have to say, The self serve mailing system is awesome! (when it works) you can do a package in about 20 seconds from start to finish, which kicks the pants off the systems the post office employees have to use, they take about a minute and a half per package. AND it's open 24 hours, so I went at 4am this morning, no one but me and 4 boxes of packages ;)

I did learn some interesting things:
You can't use self serve to ship to military bases
It takes 35 days to send a package to Hawaii by parcel post
It takes 35 days to send a package to Alaska by parcel post

So next time I'll have to use the Priority mail envelopes to send stuff to Hawaii or Alaska.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home