Monday, October 24, 2005

Rant update

Still working on the rant animations. It's frustrating how long it's taking, I guess I didn't realize when I said 12 rant animations that that would be an hour of animation! Still we are working on it as fast as we can, and it will be totally worth it in the end!

One of the problems I had was that the Chris and Joe animations are all code driven, so there really isn't anyway to see what you have animated until after you publish the swf format (flash file output). Since these animations are about 5 minutes long each if you animate something at the end of the rant you have to wait until you get to that point to check it properly. So I made these code guides that animate each section of the code that I will be using. You can't really do it effectively with stills since you need to know what the animation looks like, how long it takes and how it interacts with each other piece of code you are calling at the same time. With this I can tell what the animation I am coding up looks like while I code it. I still have to check it. But it's a lot easier now. I was trying to keep it all in my head before. Anyway, Try it out! Click on the Chris and Joe images below.



Here are some more Chris animation screenshots for your enjoyment










And a close-up of "the Nietch" sleeping.

7 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good!

So, just to confirm, the rest of the (non-flash) rants will still play in a normal mp3 CD player, right?

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those animations are pretty awesome man. Just for fun, if you click on some of the body animation buttons fast, animated Joe and Chris start doing some lil dances.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Garen said...

The animations are stunning - excellent stuff. What a lot of work you put in, all worth it!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Joseph Brudlos said...

They should be able to. I'll test it before I make them. I'm encoding the files as mp3s so it should work fine.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad props to your newest creations. I laughed so hard when I saw the "confused" eyebrows for your frame. You have the SAME exact expression in the picture your mother-in-law took the last time Dan and I were out..

Much love to you and JQ from Dan and Kate

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are excellent! Going through the rant animations was tremendously amusing, perhaps too much so...haha. Well, thanks for the entertainment!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Metahari said...

I was impressed by the animations, especially the sitting back/slouchy, and the pointing ones. They really have a lot more life than I was expecting.

Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home