Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Emily

The morning after I got Emily I called the vet to see if I could get her in for a vet checkup after the disaster of the night that I got her. They said they could get her in at 2:30. The Fleas weren't the only thing she had, she also had leukemia, herpes, upper respiratory infections ear mites and worms. The vet recommended that I put her down. With the leukemia plus all the other issues she had going on with her she wasn't going to make it much longer. So I did.



I can't believe that I had to make that decision. I can't believe that she is gone. I was all set to have her live with us for the next 20 years and now it's all over. I feel horrible and empty inside like there should be some way to fix it all but I can't.

Luckily My cats would have nothing to do with her and I isolated her in my office with me, leukemia is a communicable disease and my cats could have caught it as well. I could have lost Boris and Nietchie too.

I know I only had her for less than a day, but I was already so attached to her. I miss her terribly. :(

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Brian said...

As hard as it clearly was, you did the right thing. If anything, perhaps you can take some solace in the fact that you gave her more love, care, and tenderness in her final hours than she may have had in her entire short life. Even though the situation rapidly escalated in a horrible and frightening way, you managed to keep cool and take care of your wife, your own cats, and your home, all while trying to help Emily.

That counts for a lot, in anyone's book.

Stay well, bud. Talk to you soon.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan and I were both pretty bummed for you when we heard. Much love and props to you for doing the right thing. You protected Jackie, Boris and Nietch and did really well.

Let us know if you guys need anything.
~*~ Kate and Dan~*~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home